This thread currently has 13,450 views. Print
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
STB
August 13, 2011, 6:27pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.70
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Quoted from cleemaddog
Town were a better side today than they were all last season,that includes the two drubbings we gave out. The only thing i wanted was for someone to break that fat womens private at the back. Never seen such an obvious candidate for twit of the week.
The future looks bright for Town especially with the management duo. think they have got it right. good effort from the boys.
Last season i came home after every match and swore i would never go again but kept punishing myself in the hope it would get better, i believe we are on the way now.
Great noise from the BP massive and a home crowd of 4000+ saw town battle hard against 12 cheaters on the park (14 incl linesmen)

Are you pilled up?
Fleetwood were far better in all departments during the game and knew how to be physical.
A proper example of men against boys.  

Former lover of all things GTFC . . .
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 134
maxfox44
August 13, 2011, 6:28pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +139
I have to say I thought Atko played pretty well today.

I remember being pelted with ice by the Norwich fans during the Milk Cup match, do you?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 134
Wembley 08
August 13, 2011, 6:31pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.40
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Quoted from Sane Mariner

Thats exactly what I watched today - us getting outplayed and out muscled! And I found the end of game rollocking on the pitch cringeworthy!

Was it a rollocking? I thought it was more a chat that anything, this has happened last couple of home pre season games where they stay on the pitch, talked about game and then do a little warm down.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 134
Garth
August 13, 2011, 6:39pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
I thought the way we played lumping the ball up to our two forwards was the wrong choice and should have been changed to playing to feet second half, its no good rollocking at full time because the two managers were bereft of plan B against a team that were faster,  stronger and more physical than us.

Serge if he gains more confidence in the box can be a star, Elding I`m afraid looks out of his depth in this league and is no way near the threat of Spencer, I think if Pearson had played he would have been turned inside out today because we lacked speed in defence as it was
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 134
alvinghammariner
August 13, 2011, 6:44pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +32 / -7
Approval: +114
Quoted from AdamHaddock
Changes needed for Tuesday. Wood, Artus and Spencer in for Silk, Makofo and Elding.

eh?! he was out best player!

Now based in reading, do I class as an exile yet?
http://twitter.com/#!/HenryBarber
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 134
Matt Mal
August 13, 2011, 6:46pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Unfortunately, perhaps fortunately i couldnt attend today's game! Could someone please tell me did we have any strikers on the field today, have just seen the stats 60% possession and zero shots, doesnt take a genius to work out something is wrong!!! give the young boys a go, mulreedy, wood etc!!!! Play for the shirt.   And Elding please, i have coached boys under 16's who possess more attributes than this very very poor player.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 134
alvinghammariner
August 13, 2011, 6:48pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +32 / -7
Approval: +114
Quoted from Matt Mal
Unfortunately, perhaps fortunately i couldnt attend today's game! Could someone please tell me did we have any strikers on the field today, have just seen the stats 60% possession and zero shots, doesnt take a genius to work out something is wrong!!! give the young boys a go, mulreedy, wood etc!!!! Play for the shirt.   And Elding please, i have coached boys under 16's who possess more attributes than this very very poor player.

The young boys got bullied today.

Now based in reading, do I class as an exile yet?
http://twitter.com/#!/HenryBarber
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 134
mariner marc
August 13, 2011, 6:49pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Quoted from Garth
I thought the way we played lumping the ball up to our two forwards was the wrong choice and should have been changed to playing to feet second half, its no good rollocking at full time because the two managers were bereft of plan B against a team that were faster,  stronger and more physical than us.

Serge if he gains more confidence in the box can be a star,
if were going to have any chance of getting into the promotion places I don't think lumping it is the way to go(disappointed that the gaffers allowed to this to happen).
          As for Makofo really pleased for the lad probably was disappointed at the end of last season to realise the gaffers didn't have faith in him and this season (so far) has showed them what he is really about   good on him
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 134
siy2k5
August 13, 2011, 6:54pm
Bite me!
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: -2
Quoted from Matt Mal
Unfortunately, perhaps fortunately i couldnt attend today's game ! Could someone please tell me did we have any strikers on the field today, have just seen the stats 60% possession and zero shots, doesnt take a genius to work out something is wrong!!! give the young boys a go, mulreedy, wood etc!!!! Play for the shirt.   And Elding please, i have coached boys under 16's who possess more attributes than this very very poor player .

Hmmm written off after 1 game eh?

Quoted from marinerian
If Newport win it b4 heir vist to BP, I will sit in The Osmond dressed as Little Bo-Peep for the match against them!  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 134
Biccys
August 13, 2011, 6:54pm
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
What struck me today was once again we had 2 players in cm that were far too polite and dainty. Neither Thanoj not Disley are going to put crunching takes in to win the ball. All toI often they were crouching down, arms out waiting for the opposition to make a move. Where is the bite, the steel, the aggression in midfield if Wood or Church aren't playing there?

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 39 - 134
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.