Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Time for JF to put his money where his mouth is!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 147 Guests

Time for JF to put his money where his mouth is!

This thread currently has 61,303 views. Print
35 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Marinerz93
July 25, 2014, 10:45pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Rob_in_Grimsby

Don't you mean, I like to hide behind a keyboard where I can bend fact to suite my argument, Why not agree to meet at a game where there is allot of people about

I didn't see the invite as a personal threat, I would have declined the invite even if you had issued it, nothing personal. I don't see why I would have to meet in person to ask the questions I have already asked, it's not TV's Question Time.

I attend plenty of games both home and away and there are plenty on here who know me.  What facts am I bending and what is my argument.  I have asked specific questions to the farce that surrounded one of the biggest flare up's between two people who could have taken this club forward.  The person I asked those questions of, seems to be in the know, hiding from answering them either proves they aren't in the know or the answers aren't in their favour enough for them to answer them straight.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 160 - 340
grimsby pete
July 25, 2014, 10:54pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,800
Gold Stars: 222
Correct me if I am wrong,

I do not think anybody have brought this up in this long running saga,

BUT

When Fenty ask for 200,000 shares off the Trust for a seat on the board,

He did not have to give them 2 seats,

As far as I know each board member has an equal vote,

So John was being more than fair in giving the Trust the extra seat.

Why people are concerned that the benign loans are a problem is above me,

Fenty has said many times he will not put the club at risk,

BUT

If a billionaire comes in and wants to buy the club,

John asking for his 2 or 3 million back will not break the billionaire's bank.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 161 - 340
Marinerz93
July 25, 2014, 11:00pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete
Correct me if I am wrong,

I do not think anybody have brought this uo in this long running saga,

BUT

When Fenty ask for 200,000 shares off the Trust for a seat on the board,

He did not have to give them 2 seats,

As far as I know each board member has an equal vote,

So J

Fair enough that JF wanted those shares so he could establish a majority giving him 51% and control as the only remaining investor. A small point I would like you to think about, the £200K shares obtained is more than what the other directors hold and offer as a loan to the club combined.  

I whole heartedly agree that it is good we have people from the trust in the boardroom.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 162 - 340
springstomind
July 26, 2014, 7:22am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +24 / -7
Approval: +322
I know he's not a striker but the timing of the signing is usually irrelevant, as didn't we sign Pond 1 day before the Southport (first game) or something.... And he turned out amazing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 163 - 340
Getyourfactsright
July 26, 2014, 8:48am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +19 / -26
Approval: +196
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from Marinerz93

Thanks for the invite but I don't meet strangers off the internet and I think the questions are clear enough to understand for someone who demonstrates that they are in the know.

Not a stranger to most 93. I am John Fenty and replete I will answers your questions in person.You are one of a few that trawl the past to no benefit. I am not prepared to repeatably defend against your off the mark questions or discuss this matter in a public arena.

So it's up to you fella, are you man enough to accept my invite to meet personally.

It shows to some degree your character to even publish my kind gesture to meet ,,, the objective of which is to dispel some of you misguided notions. It's up to you what you think after that.

I Promise, I don't bite and am very patient with ignorant people.

Go on meet me. LOL
Private Message
Reply: 164 - 340
RoboCod
July 26, 2014, 8:52am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Gawd....when does the season start ?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 165 - 340
July 26, 2014, 9:02am
Guest User
Quoted from Getyourfactsright

Not a stranger to most 93. I am John Fenty and replete I will answers your questions in person.You are one of a few that trawl the past to no benefit. I am not prepared to repeatably defend against your off the mark questions or discuss this matter in a public arena.

So it's up to you fella, are you man enough to accept my invite to meet personally.

It shows to some degree your character to even publish my kind gesture to meet ,,, the objective of which is to dispel some of you misguided notions. It's up to you what you think after that.

I Promise, I don't bite and am very patient with ignorant people.

Go on meet me. LOL

Haha, quality! The cat is out of the bag! Fair play gents.
Reply: 166 - 340
rancido
July 26, 2014, 9:08am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from 75

Haha, quality! The cat is out of the bag! Fair play gents.

But will 93 or any of the other " Fenty Bashers " agree to meet and have their questions and concerns answered? I certainly won't hold my breath on this one. They may be brave behind a key-board but " face to face " isn't part of their character.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 167 - 340
Marinerz93
July 26, 2014, 9:16am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from rancido

But will 93 or any of the other " Fenty Bashers " agree to meet and have their questions and concerns answered? I certainly won't hold my breath on this one. They may be brave behind a key-board but " face to face " isn't part of their character.

22 years HM Forces, Afghanistan, Iraq and many other conflict zones, brave enough to put myself on the line, is that man enough for you.

Private Message
Reply: 168 - 340
Garth
July 26, 2014, 9:27am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Marinerz93

22 years HM Forces, Afghanistan, Iraq and many other conflict zones, brave enough to put myself on the line, is that man enough for you.

Go on then meet him  face to face, on the double
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 169 - 340
35 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Time for JF to put his money where his mouth is!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.