Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Time for JF to put his money where his mouth is!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 113 Guests

Time for JF to put his money where his mouth is!

This thread currently has 61,302 views. Print
35 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Garth
July 25, 2014, 4:37pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from headingly_mariner

I couldn't care less if you think it's small talk, i know that my info is kosher without having to name anyone. i'm confident that the club would have a few suitors if it was offered without it's substantial debt and without it's current board. To be fair though, i hope the club is a success on the pitch, we get promoted and the club can be successful again in the football league whoever is in charge, however i won't forget the way that the fans have been treated over the last 10 years.

Nor me just loved the Wembley trips, Whoops you`ve named him, how much is Kosher worth, you can see I`m bored lets hope we win tonight and giggle at our black and white shirts with the name Hearn still on the back
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 150 - 340
Marinerz93
July 25, 2014, 5:17pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Getyourfactsright

Proof? And no he didn't. Just give over it was agreed to put loans in which changed on leaving of the board and that's the individual's choice. Ie he chose to get something (shares for his investment).

It makes no difference in any event so your point.

If Mr Fenty had purchased shares instead of loans you would say those champing at the he bit to put countless millions in the club were being put  off by his overwhelming shareholding.

Facts are in any form shares and or loans he is deemed in Finacial terms to control the club.

Put up or shut up. This is very boring and achieving zilch!!!

Facts are we have a competitive budget which is backed by one individual a fantastic commercial support and some great fans who actually back the club and who want the best and don't trawl over the past for no good reason.

Thanks for shedding some light in the Parker / shares issue.  However, I feel that the BIG questions that has been posed many times is

1. Why was MP allowed to buy more shares than JF considering the club shares rule comes under rule 9.
2. Who / whom sanctioned these additional shares.
3. Why did it take several months before rule 9 all of a sudden became an issue.
4. Why wasn't some of the benign debt converted to shares to match the acquired shares by MP.
5. Why haven't the minutes for the meetings been released were JF and MP agreed on how to fund the club, ie shares / loans.
6. Why can't all of JF's benign debt be converted to shares.

Looking forward to your reply.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 151 - 340
Marinerz93
July 25, 2014, 6:08pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Getyourfactsright
Happy to meet up 93 and by all means bring your questions amongst others.

Thanks for the invite but I don't meet strangers off the internet and I think the questions are clear enough to understand for someone who demonstrates that they are in the know.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 152 - 340
Rob_in_Grimsby
July 25, 2014, 9:23pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Marinerz93

Thanks for the invite but I don't meet strangers off the internet and I think the questions are clear enough to understand for someone who demonstrates that they are in the know.

Don't you mean, I like to hide behind a keyboard where I can bend fact to suite my argument, Why not agree to meet at a game where there is allot of people about
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 153 - 340
Nelly GTFC
July 25, 2014, 9:38pm
'Usually Positive'
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +26 / -5
Approval: +2,753
Gold Stars: 31

And then a magic wand will be waved, and all the controversy / problems of Grimsby Town will all be solved.

Performance / Top Scorers / Assists / Discipline - Grimsby Town Statistics >> [url]https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/squad/_/id/386/eng.grimsby[/url]
Form Over Last 10 Games - Grimsby Town >> [url]https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/grimsby-town/form-guide/ten[/url]
Player Contracts - Grimsby Town >> [url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=4202[/url]
Links on football clubs inc Grimsby Town >> [url]https://footballclubforums.com/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 154 - 340
barralad
July 25, 2014, 9:42pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I can think of several other words that describe your 'superior than thou' posts - condescending, demeaning etc.

You may be on the committee of an entity that purports to act on behalf of the fans but it doesn't make you better than anyone else who supports Grimsby Town. As I posted earlier (to try and round this up), we all support the club, we all want to be back in the league, we all believe that 5 years in the 5th tier is too long but we don't all agree on how it is likely to happen or that it is likely to happen at all.

What is clear from this thread is that my views aren't any more jaundiced than yours. One poster has called us buffoons even, for having a view that might just vary from Mr Fentys party line. What will you come up with next?

I'm not at all sure what you mean by purports to act on behalf of fans. All this talk of me making "superior than thou" posts and thinking I'm better than anyone else who supports Grimsby Town suggests an inferiority complex of large proportions. I certainly haven't called anyone a buffoon but have on several occasions in this thread been lumped together with like-minded posters as a bottom licker. President Truman had it about right...If you cannot stand the heat get out of the kitchen

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 155 - 340
promotion plaice
July 25, 2014, 9:49pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,081
Gold Stars: 199
there will be heat in the kitchen when we are mid table january which i suspect will happen.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 156 - 340
MuddyWaters
July 25, 2014, 9:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,265
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from barralad

I'm not at all sure what you mean by purports to act on behalf of fans. All this talk of me making "superior than thou" posts and thinking I'm better than anyone else who supports Grimsby Town suggests an inferiority complex of large proportions. I certainly haven't called anyone a buffoon but have on several occasions in this thread been lumped together with like-minded posters as a bottom licker. President Truman had it about right...If you cannot stand the heat get out of the kitchen

Did I say you had called us buffoons? No!

But then again, it's all about you isn't it? And no, I certainly don't feel inferior to someone who is one of several lemmings who continues to prop up the clubs leader.
Private Message
Reply: 157 - 340
barralad
July 25, 2014, 10:29pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Did I say you had called us buffoons? No!

But then again, it's all about you isn't it? And no, I certainly don't feel inferior to someone who is one of several lemmings who continues to prop up the clubs leader.

M'lud the case rests...

In my best condescending way I'd suggest that at the moment it is JF who is propping up the club not the way you suggest.

To repeat an earlier comment the best way for Town to progress is to do everything possible to reduce the reliance on one person especially given that quite a few seem to be suggesting that no one else is interested in running the club given the current level of debt to one man and that person shows no signs of doing anything to offset any of that debt. A competitive budget to prevent that debt becoming any higher seems to me to be a good starting point especially as there are no guarantees that spending lots of money gets you success (ask FGR). Any shortfall needs to be addressed from the type of fund-raising the Trust are trying to organise.
If you have a problem with me then so be it...I'll survive- but it isn't fair to call the other people who work very hard to try and improve the lot of GTFC which will ultimately improve the experience for all Town fans-hopefully in the football league.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 158 - 340
MuddyWaters
July 25, 2014, 10:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,265
Gold Stars: 236
At last we agree. A competitive budget that is sustainable. Then Mr Fenty writes off the money he has wasted as opposed to holding these loans against the clubs assets. We then clear out the manager who seems determined to continue with his one tactic 'hoof it to Lennie' and employ a manager like Gary Mills who seems to get the best out of whoever is his squad.
Private Message
Reply: 159 - 340
35 Pages Prev ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Time for JF to put his money where his mouth is!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.