Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Time for JF to put his money where his mouth is!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 148 Guests

Time for JF to put his money where his mouth is!

This thread currently has 61,294 views. Print
35 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... Next All Recommend Thread
arryarryarry
July 25, 2014, 10:32am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,036
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Getyourfactsright

Proof? And no he didn't. Just give over it was agreed to put loans in which changed on leaving of the board and that's the individual's choice. Ie he chose to get something (shares for his investment).

It makes no difference in any event so your point.

If Mr Fenty had purchased shares instead of loans you would say those champing at the he bit to put countless millions in the club were being put  off by his overwhelming shareholding.

Facts are in any form shares and or loans he is deemed in Finacial terms to control the club.

Put up or shut up. This is very boring and achieving zilch!!!

Facts are we have a competitive budget which is backed by one individual a fantastic commercial support and some great fans who actually back the club and who want the best and don't trawl over the past for no good reason.

Listen sunshine I was just pointing out that what you said in your comment was not what Mr Parker said in a radio interview, I heard it from the man himself not some jumped up internet warrior.

Private Message
Reply: 130 - 340
arryarryarry
July 25, 2014, 10:38am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,036
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from GrimRob

But we're not obscure in non-league. We're one of the giants because we have the resources to challenge at the top every season. Every year has arguably also been an improvement on the previous one.

If our funding was suddenly taken away we'd struggle to even finish in the top half, which would mean crowds would drop, and the chances of even making the-offs would be pretty remote.

Er actually we are, I don't live or work in Grimsby and in my job meet all sorts of football fans from around the country and when we talk about football and who I support many don't even know what league we are in.

And if my memory is correct didn't JF mention something about a shortfall of £500,000 a season by not being in the Football League.

Private Message
Reply: 131 - 340
GrimRob
July 25, 2014, 10:42am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,420
Gold Stars: 113

No we won't. We will just finish in the top five. Look at the play-off games we have had Rob and you will see that we came up short on class each time. That's the pattern that will continue. We grind our way into the play-offs and then fall short in the knock-out, losing a bit more credibility each time.

The rules of football are the same whether it's a league game or a play-off. To get into the top 5 you have to have a good winning record over 46 games. After that it boils down to a one-off game. Nothing is pre-determined in any football game, either team can win, especially when there is such a close record between the two sides as in a play-off game.

We simple have too small a sample size to say Grimsby can't win a play-off in this division.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 132 - 340
Quagmire
July 25, 2014, 10:44am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +932
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from arryarryarry

Listen sunshine I was just pointing out that what you said in your comment was not what Mr Parker said in a radio interview, I heard it from the man himself not some jumped up internet warrior.

arry,

getyourfactsright = JF - I'm 99% certain of it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 340
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
July 25, 2014, 11:28am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from GrimRob

The rules of football are the same whether it's a league game or a play-off. To get into the top 5 you have to have a good winning record over 46 games. After that it boils down to a one-off game. Nothing is pre-determined in any football game, either team can win, especially when there is such a close record between the two sides as in a play-off game.

We simple have too small a sample size to say Grimsby can't win a play-off in this division.

Come off it Rob, I'd love it but we would have to be the luckiest side alive to do it with the strategy we have had. "Hard to beat" isn't quite the same as "likely to win" and the law of averages just doesn't make up for a lack of quality players.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 340
KingstonMariner
July 25, 2014, 12:16pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I don't get the mentality of some posters who seem to think because you criticise the owner/manager/players you are not a proper supporter and should give up following Town. That's a very Stalinist attitude.

Everyone's entitled to express their opinions, even those who believe JF is saving the club  .

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 340
barralad
July 25, 2014, 1:07pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Perfect, make the bloke telling the truth look like the bad guy with a patronising reply, which I am, and you know it.

The "Truth" is that the members of the Trust decided to give the shares to JF in a democratic vote. I assume you voted against? Do you take your bat and ball home if the party that you vote for in an election don't get elected?- I genuinely don't understand what is so difficult to understand about that?

Actually I don't think you are a bad guy-don't be so hard on yourself.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 340
barralad
July 25, 2014, 1:10pm
Mariners Trust

And nothing was ever improved by accepting mediocrity.

Yep...you are right. Tonight I'll chain myself to the gates of Blundell Park in a powerful stand against mediocrity. I expect you and  others of a like mind to join me. That will show 'em.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 340
barralad
July 25, 2014, 1:12pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from MuddyWaters

So why don't you and your colleagues on the trust use your board positions to ask Mr Fenty to write off some of the money that he has put into the club during the past 12 years. This would show that his intention is not to cripple the club financially as it currently appears on the balance sheet.

Would you write off your money in his position?

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 340
MuddyWaters
July 25, 2014, 1:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,262
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from barralad

The "Truth" is that the members of the Trust decided to give the shares to JF in a democratic vote. I assume you voted against? Do you take your bat and ball home if the party that you vote for in an election don't get elected?- I genuinely don't understand what is so difficult to understand about that?

Actually I don't think you are a bad guy-don't be so hard on yourself.

In a democratic vote where someone moved the goalposts halfway through the process as Quagmire eloquently stated earlier this thread
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 340
35 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Time for JF to put his money where his mouth is!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.