Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Time for JF to put his money where his mouth is!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 111 Guests

Time for JF to put his money where his mouth is!

This thread currently has 61,284 views. Print
35 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
rancido
July 24, 2014, 7:07am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,572
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from TAGG

There is a vast difference between a fishy poster giving his OPINION (sh1t or not) and the top man spouting excrement (as he has done on many occasions) as a statement of FACT to con more people to buy Season tickets.
I know he says he's been misquoted. He would say that wouldn't he.
Far to many bottom lickers on here me thinks.

It all boils down to the following - if we agree with your opinion ( and several others on here ) about JF then that is fine. If, on the other hand, we hold a different opinion then we are bottom lickers. A Fishy Poster can say what he likes and that is an opinion but JF can be misquoted about " the hairs on the back of your neck" and that is sh1t and said to con more people into buying season tickets.
It seems like you have fixed views about anything concerning JF but obviously your reply to this is that I am an bottom licker.  

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 340
TAGG
July 24, 2014, 8:01am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,959
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from rancido

It all boils down to the following - if we agree with your opinion ( and several others on here ) about JF then that is fine. If, on the other hand, we hold a different opinion then we are bottom lickers. A Fishy Poster can say what he likes and that is an opinion but JF can be misquoted about " the hairs on the back of your neck" and that is sh1t and said to con more people into buying season tickets.
It seems like you have fixed views about anything concerning JF but obviously your reply to this is that I am an bottom licker.  

Yes I have a fixed view on Fenty. He's fooked up our club.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 340
July 24, 2014, 8:52am
Guest User
Quoted from TAGG
Yes I have a fixed view on Fenty. He's fooked up our club.

Your 'fooked up' brain is your own responsibility though.
Reply: 52 - 340
mariner91
July 24, 2014, 9:00am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,658
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from MuddyWaters

How very patronising!

What happens on the pitch is relevant to what happens off the pitch and vice versa. Both the last two seasons have promised much then petered out, which, I grant you is better than other seasons previous. But whichever way you dress it up the club WE support is still in its lowest league position ever and loaded with debt.

I pray that the tide comes in soon and the football gods turn in our favour but under our current manager and with our current strike force I just don't see it, do you?

I'll start panicking about the current strike force if the season starts and we haven't got anyone else in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 340
pontoonlew
July 24, 2014, 9:08am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,041
Gold Stars: 177
I don't suppose it matters what striker you sign when the manager clearly plans on playing the same striker come rain or shine anyway.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 340
nightrider
July 24, 2014, 9:19am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
HOOF!!

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 340
ackomariner
July 24, 2014, 9:57am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from rancido

It was like that last season when a few of us spoke out about how crap the football was.

We were classed as morons because we didn't agree with other posters who are willing to watch any old crap

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 340
July 24, 2014, 11:07am
Guest User
Quoted from ackomariner
It was like that last season when a few of us spoke out about how crap the football was.

We were classed as morons because we didn't agree with other posters who are willing to watch any old crap

For those of us who are fortunate enough to remember the great Buckley sides, there's no doubt that by comparison the
football now being played at BP can properly be termed 'crap'.

BUT

The comparison isn't fair or sensible. We're now in a crap league playing mostly other crap sides - and pointing that out doesn't
help anything or anyone much. I've bought my season ticket expecting to see crap football (compared to Buckley XI's) but
hoping for a bit better than that. We don't have to play great football to get out of this league, just be consistently
slightly less crappy than the opposition. I don't see this as acceptance - just being realistic.

The less you wish for the more likely it is to happen!
Reply: 57 - 340
headingly_mariner
July 24, 2014, 11:54am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,380
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from pontoonlew
I don't suppose it matters what striker you sign when the manager clearly plans on playing the same striker come rain or shine anyway.

I assume you mean LJL? Should we change the manager before the season starts?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 340
Tangerine Chris
July 24, 2014, 12:09pm
Old git with a sense of humour
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: -24
It says in todays Telegraph that THERE IS money to bring in 2 strikers and another midfielder.  Hurst wants another look at Pittman tomorrow night (if HE agrees), and the stumbling block for bringing in new people, is not financial, it was the location!!

Everyone on here and facebook know me as Mr Negative, but I for one, am quiet pleased with the signing we have made.  The Macreth/Bignot partnership looked very good against Cleethorpes Town, and think that will progress as the season goes.  Pittman looked good even though the result did not go our way against Rovers.  I also saw flashes of inspiration from Ironside, and I hope we manage to sign both these players

IF YOU PLAY FOR THE BADGE ON THE FRONT OF YOUR SHIRT
THEY WILL REMEMBER THE NAME ON THE BACK OF IT

You can change your wife, your house, your car, but you can never change your team.
Chairmen come and go, boards come and go, but the fans remain.
They are the one true constant

Eddie Thompson OBE
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 340
35 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Time for JF to put his money where his mouth is!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.