Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Time for JF to put his money where his mouth is!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 121 Guests

Time for JF to put his money where his mouth is!

This thread currently has 61,283 views. Print
35 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
chaos33
July 24, 2014, 5:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360

I know you feel this strongly, and I have nothing at all against Hurst and really hope he succeeds - BUT - I get the feeling that the club itself is also happy with 4th place in Non League.

I know you are trying to be realistic but where is the ambition, the drive, the firepower and the determination to finish in the only spot that can guarantee promotion?

I think at some stage we will have to have more of a swagger about us, otherwise what is the point of us being a big fish in such a small pond?

For a modest sum we could buy a player or two to fire us to the top surely? If Fenty cannot afford it then again what is the point??

I agree. Felt this for some time.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 340
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
July 24, 2014, 5:26pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Rob_in_Grimsby

What is the point? Fenty puts in what he affords or thinks we need, there is nothing stopping someone else contributing, Why not offer some of your hard earned cash to get a better striker.

Would you rather he walked away and we have nothing, I would say be careful for what you wish for, I am sure allot of Darlington fans would love to be as unsuccessful as us.

That's a false argument Rob. What do you think Luton fans view of ambition was last year? The same as the year before? It depends on where you are, your history, the size of the club, the fan base and all the rest. Quite a few clubs like Darlo might be jealous of us but jealousy doesn't get us back in the league.

Every player we sign is quoted in the GT saying we are a "big club". For a big club to be satisfied with 4th place is completely wrong. Can't understand GrimRob's reasoning there. Aim for the top spot and if you get the consolation prize then OK, make the best of it but for goodness sake let's have a go for the automatic place and get players in who share that ambition.

So for JF the issue is clear, be ambitious or slide down the non-league pyramid. No club can stand still, Town can't and therefore neither can he. I hope he means what he says about the cash available for players because we need something better that we've got. More important - we need something better than our rival promotion hunters have got.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 340
Quagmire
July 24, 2014, 5:41pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +931
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from rancido

JF said this but according to some on here he would wouldn't he ,even if he didn't mean it.

A bit like the time he told the GET that Neil Woods' job was safe before sacking him 24 hours later you mean?

Or the time he agreed to fund the budget deficit with Mike Parker 50/50 in the form of share purchase but then put the money in as a loan, thus creating the whole share fiasco with Parker?

Or do you mean the time when he said we hadn't tapped up Scott and Hurst and instead of paying out the 10k compo Boston wanted decided he would fight it out in court, losing the court case, and ultimately adding another 35k to his 'benign loans'.

Or do you mean the time he said the club might have to sell Liam Hearn unless the Trust handed over 200k worth of shares?  

There is absolutely no time during his 12 years plus of mismanagement where he has said one thing and done something else  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 340
MuddyWaters
July 24, 2014, 5:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,255
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Quagmire

A bit like the time he told the GET that Neil Woods' job was safe before sacking him 24 hours later you mean?

Or the time he agreed to fund the budget deficit with Mike Parker 50/50 in the form of share purchase but then put the money in as a loan, thus creating the whole share fiasco with Parker?

Or do you mean the time when he said we hadn't tapped up Scott and Hurst and instead of paying out the 10k compo Boston wanted decided he would fight it out in court, losing the court case, and ultimately adding another 35k to his 'benign loans'.

Or do you mean the time he said the club might have to sell Liam Hearn unless the Trust handed over 200k worth of shares?  

There is absolutely no time during his 12 years plus of mismanagement where he has said one thing and done something else  

Can I tick this a thousand times please?
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 340
sonik
July 24, 2014, 6:45pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Can I tick this a thousand times please?

Time for Old Codger to put his money where HIS mouth is!

Please tick away.

UTM

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 340
MuddyWaters
July 24, 2014, 7:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,255
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from sonik

Please tick away.

UTM

What? Buy a shed load of shares and then give them to the trust? No ta!
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 340
Cod Cheeks
July 24, 2014, 7:51pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +374
Doncaster were light years better than us , league football is different to conference .

And who is to blame for that?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 340
headingly_mariner
July 24, 2014, 7:57pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,377
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Quagmire

The nail has had a proper smack on the head there. I do foresee the fishy closing again for a a while after that one though  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 340
Getyourfactsright
July 24, 2014, 8:01pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +19 / -26
Approval: +196
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from Quagmire

CHAIRMAN SHOULD ALWAYS SUPPORT THE MANAGER UNTIL THE BOARD IS MINDED FOR A CHANGE IN MANAGER.. NOT FENTYS DECISION. ITS A BOARD ONE BUT YOU WOULDNT UNDERSTAND THAT! Would you?

MR PARKER AND MR FENTY HAD AGREED TO PROVIDE LOANS FULL STOP. WHEN MR PARKER LEFT THE BOARD HE DECIDED TO AQUIRE SHARES WITH HIS PORTION OF THE FUNDING. His choice!!

THE MANGERS HAD SIX WEEKS ON THEIR CONTRACT AND NO OFFER ON THE TABLE. IN BUSINESS YOU CAN APPROACH ANYONE TO TALK ABOUT THEM JOINING YOUR COMPANY THERE ARE NO RULES AGAINST. EVEN A PLAYER WHERE THERE ARE RULES ABOUT SUCH APPROACHES YOU CAN MAKE CONTACT IN THE LAST YEAR OF THEIR CONTRACT. THE QUESTION IS WAS COMPENSATION DUE. THE JUDGE CLEARLY DECIDED YES. HIS POINT!!  IT WAS RECKLESS TO MAKE AN APPROACH IS A STRANGE ONE. THE JUGE DID DECLARE AN INTEREST AT THE START OF THE HEARNG IN THAT HE WINED AND DINED WITH THE OTHER SIDES SOLICITORS.? OH AND TO ADD SALT INTO THE WOUND WE APPOINTED THE MANGERS AFTER THEY HAD GIVEN NOTICE TO QUIT, AND THAT FOLLOWED THEIR REPLACEMENTS BEING APOINTED

GET REAL MR PARKER HAD JUST ACQUIRED A BLOCK OF SHARES THAT GAVE HIM EFFECTIVE CONTROL OF THE CLUB. WOULD YOU FUND A BUSINESS WHERE OTHERS HAD CONTROL?.

THE TRUST PROPOSED THE TRANSFER OF SHARES TO RECONCILE A SAD sSITUATION THAT DOESNT MAKE SENCE TO THIS DAY.

LETS FACE IT MR FENTY SAID HE WOULD LEAVE THE CLUB AND STOOD DOWN AS CHAIRMAN LEAVING THE DOOR OPEN FOR A RETURN

WHATS THIS SUPPOSED TO MEAN!!!!! HES A GOOD EGG THEN ALWAYS STOOD UP TO BE COUNTED, HAVE YOU??

GO ON YOU HAVE A GO THEN LETS SEE WHAT YOU CAN DO!!!! I SUPPOSE WITH YOU IN CHARGE LIAM WOULD HAVE STAYED FIT AND DURING THE LAST TWO YEARS WE WOULD HAVE BEEN PROMOTED. NOTHING TO DO WITH OUTSIDE INFLUENCES AT ALL!!!!  
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 340
lew chaterleys lover
July 24, 2014, 8:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,723
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from sonik

Please tick away.

UTM

That's not fair and you know it.

Yes Mr.Fenty is lucky to have a personal fortune unlike most (all?) of us on here but he himself chose to use it at the football club.

Unfortunately it hasn't gone according to plan though has it, and I don't think you can argue that he has made rather a mess of it; bar keeping us on life support which I suppose is an achievement of sorts.

Us of more modest means pay and have paid for many years (before Mr. Fenty was born) to watch our beloved Mariners, and old codgers like me and Old Codger have every right to be critical just like at every other club in the country where they are underperforming.

Despite being critical, I sincerely hope he can find the magic formula but the facts so far suggest he wont.

We are even behind Eastleigh (!) in the pre season odds. Says it all really.
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 340
35 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Time for JF to put his money where his mouth is!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.