Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Time for JF to put his money where his mouth is!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 120 Guests

Time for JF to put his money where his mouth is!

This thread currently has 61,287 views. Print
35 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
barralad
July 24, 2014, 9:39pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Could have put it more politely but not more accurately. I've started to track respective league positions now compared to 10 years ago and am struggling to find any club that has dropped further down the league ladder than we have under Mr Fenty's stewardship.

I'll get lots of negatives but frankly I don't give a toss - this regime has taken GTFC to a new low and is loaded with debt.

Stockport spring to mind. In the same league as us in 2001/02 now in "Whatever it's Called" North...

Luton's "bounce-back" cannot hide the fact that their "regime" were responsible for their calamitous fall because they didn't know right from wrong...

We all know how far we have fallen under JFs stewardship but some see the need to keep reminding us. Pretty pointless exercise in my opinion. Personally I blame Adolf Hitler. Without WW2 we'd have still been in Division 1.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 340
MuddyWaters
July 24, 2014, 9:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,256
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Rob_in_Grimsby

Tagg you and others like Old Codger just live in the past and revel in our misfortunes of the last decade.
What  happened has happened and bringing it up at every opportunity is not going to change that,
Why not try support the club we all follow and love and for once try start the season with some positivity rather than hoping we will fail so you can spout this excrement

Nobody wants us to climb the league more than me and I'd love to think that we are signing players for League 2 this time next year. Yes, we've seen great times in the past and God knows I would love to see them again and that's why I despair of fans who are prepared to put up with fifth division mediocrity.
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 340
Rob_in_Grimsby
July 24, 2014, 9:48pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Nobody wants us to climb the league more than me and I'd love to think that we are signing players for League 2 this time next year. Yes, we've seen great times in the past and God knows I would love to see them again and that's why I despair of fans who are prepared to put up with fifth division mediocrity.

Nobody likes where we are at the moment but the reality is we are. You say fans put up with us being here but moaning and re living our failures will not get us out of here, We need to get behind the club and push them over the line not hold them back
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 340
lew chaterleys lover
July 24, 2014, 9:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,723
Gold Stars: 237

Tagg you and others like Old Codger just live in the past and revel in our misfortunes of the last decade.
What  happened has happened and bringing it up at every opportunity is not going to change that,
Why not try support the club we all follow and love and for once try start the season with some positivity rather than hoping we will fail so you can spout this excrement

Realism is whats needed.

Not happy clappy acceptance of our situation, but a realistic assessment and some pressure applied (however slight and however ignored it is) to show  the current guardians of GTFC that they have not done what is required to get us back were we belong.

Half hearted attempts wont do; Fenty has been there an awfully long time and achieved absolutely zero.

I remember the day we fell out of the League (don't we all) and I convinced myself that Fenty would throw the kitchen sink at it to get us back but all Ive heard is woolly phrases "competitive budgets" blah blah

It is not good enough and he needs to know that. This is a forum were we can all let off steam on one side of the argument or the other - but it will have no bearing whatsoever on our support for the TEAM when the season starts.  
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 340
barralad
July 24, 2014, 10:04pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I think the nub of my problem with your demeanour on here (and yeah before you confirm it I KNOW it is my problem) is that you appear to believe that your opinion is strengthened by continual referral to what has gone on in recent history and furthermore only people who cannot forget what has gone on are worthy of having an opinion. For the record I and I suspect the vast majority of more positive posters on here do not look back on the last 10 years with any great affection. Our difference comes in the way I approach the situation. Just because I don't continually go on about past events doesn't mean I'm thrilled at another season in this hell hole of a league and it is blinkered in the extreme to suggest that it is. I certainly prefer not to dwell on what has gone on but look in my own small way to try to effect an improvement.
I won't ask you to put your money where your mouth is because I believe it is inherently unfair (and obviously impossible).. to ask any ordinary fan to do so on their own. In another post you made reference to not buying shares to then give them to the Trust-obviously a reference to the Mike Parker episode. I have no idea whether you are a member of the Mariners Trust but if not and you do genuinely want to see an improvement in the fortunes of our football club then I urge you to join-Stronger Together!!  

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 340
Rodley Mariner
July 24, 2014, 10:10pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
I've been convinced that I should no longer accept fifth-tier mediocrity. What happens next?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 340
MuddyWaters
July 24, 2014, 10:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,256
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from barralad

I think the nub of my problem with your demeanour on here (and yeah before you confirm it I KNOW it is my problem) is that you appear to believe that your opinion is strengthened by continual referral to what has gone on in recent history and furthermore only people who cannot forget what has gone on are worthy of having an opinion. For the record I and I suspect the vast majority of more positive posters on here do not look back on the last 10 years with any great affection. Our difference comes in the way I approach the situation. Just because I don't continually go on about past events doesn't mean I'm thrilled at another season in this hell hole of a league and it is blinkered in the extreme to suggest that it is. I certainly prefer not to dwell on what has gone on but look in my own small way to try to effect an improvement.
I won't ask you to put your money where your mouth is because I believe it is inherently unfair (and obviously impossible).. to ask any ordinary fan to do so on their own. In another post you made reference to not buying shares to then give them to the Trust-obviously a reference to the Mike Parker episode. I have no idea whether you are a member of the Mariners Trust but if not and you do genuinely want to see an improvement in the fortunes of our football club then I urge you to join-Stronger Together!!  

I joined the trust but completely lost faith when they kow-towed to mr Fentys pressures regarding Mr Parkers shares. I cannot believe that so many fawn at the feet of a regime that has seen our club nosedive out of the league.

Well done on coming up with Stockport, I knew someone would come up with one club that has fallen further than us.
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 340
TAGG
July 24, 2014, 10:12pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,959

I don't live in the past but I as a Town fan for over 40 years is proud of our clubs past which is a totally different thing.
I don't revel in our 'misfortunes' I merely try to point out to people like yourself who is responsible for these 'misfortunes'
I support, follow and love Town and always will do.
I would love to start a season with massive optimism but I cant see any positives. It seems to me that our nearest rivals have there teams together with quality signings ready for the seasons start.
We as fans seem to live on broken promises, fiddling about with trialists and Managements target players that don't want to sign for a great club like Town for whatever reasons that apparently aren't financial so why don't they want to come here???????

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 340
barralad
July 24, 2014, 10:20pm
Mariners Trust

Realism is whats needed.

Not happy clappy acceptance of our situation, but a realistic assessment and some pressure applied (however slight and however ignored it is) to show  the current guardians of GTFC that they have not done what is required to get us back were we belong.

Half hearted attempts wont do; Fenty has been there an awfully long time and achieved absolutely zero.

I remember the day we fell out of the League (don't we all) and I convinced myself that Fenty would throw the kitchen sink at it to get us back but all Ive heard is woolly phrases "competitive budgets" blah blah

It is not good enough and he needs to know that. This is a forum were we can all let off steam on one side of the argument or the other - but it will have no bearing whatsoever on our support for the TEAM when the season starts.  

You ask for realism and then suggest that Mr Fenty and the others don't know that our position isn't what fans of GTFC expect? The only way to further this club for me IS to have a competitive budget so that we stop (or at least slow down) the reliance on one man for our future. Such things do not happen overnight but will eventually see the club on a much firmer footing. Every season that we rely on the benefices of one person we run the risk of the tap being turned off. If you think it doesn't happen look at some of the clubs who have tried to spend their way to the top , often with the money of one person.
I'm not quite sure what you expect anyone to say to JF that will have any effect on the amount of money he is prepared to spend. Would you be prepared to be told if it were your money?

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 340
barralad
July 24, 2014, 10:25pm
Mariners Trust
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I joined the trust but completely lost faith when they kow-towed to mr Fentys pressures regarding Mr Parkers shares. I cannot believe that so many fawn at the feet of a regime that has seen our club nosedive out of the league.

Well done on coming up with Stockport, I knew someone would come up with one club that has fallen further than us.

I expected a reply along those lines. Disappointing but that's life I suppose. The decision to give Mr Fenty those shares was made by a vote of the membership. It's called democracy.  I'd better leave you to weep, wail and gnash your teeth about how far we've fallen. Nothing was ever improved by continually looking back.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 340
35 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Time for JF to put his money where his mouth is!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.