Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Time for JF to put his money where his mouth is!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 123 Guests

Time for JF to put his money where his mouth is!

This thread currently has 61,289 views. Print
35 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
July 24, 2014, 8:18pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,800
Gold Stars: 222
If John Fenty said forget about the loans I will turn them into shares,

Put another million pounds in the pot this season and we got promoted,

There would still be some posters on here calling him,

When anything goes wrong, it's his fault,

The man just can not win on here.

The majority of Town fans know we are better with him than we would be without him.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 340
MuddyWaters
July 24, 2014, 8:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,256
Gold Stars: 236

That's not fair and you know it.

Yes Mr.Fenty is lucky to have a personal fortune unlike most (all?) of us on here but he himself chose to use it at the football club.

Unfortunately it hasn't gone according to plan though has it, and I don't think you can argue that he has made rather a mess of it; bar keeping us on life support which I suppose is an achievement of sorts.

Us of more modest means pay and have paid for many years (before Mr. Fenty was born) to watch our beloved Mariners, and old codgers like me and Old Codger have every right to be critical just like at every other club in the country where they are underperforming.

Despite being critical, I sincerely hope he can find the magic formula but the facts so far suggest he wont.

We are even behind Eastleigh (!) in the pre season odds. Says it all really.

Ta LCL, if you didn't know Sonik is related to Mr Fenty so his reaction to criticism is understandable.

Let's just remember where we were before Mr Fenty took the majority shareholding and appointed Mr Furneaux as chairman. Around 70 places than we are now?
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 340
MuddyWaters
July 24, 2014, 8:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,256
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from grimsby pete
If John Fenty said forget about the loans I will turn them into shares,

Put another million pounds in the pot this season and we got promoted,

There would still be some posters on here calling him,

When anything goes wrong, it's his fault,

The man just can not win on here.

The majority of Town fans know we are better with him than we would be without him.

Pete, I admire your loyalty but please look closely at the balance sheet and then tell me that we are in an acceptable financial position. I accept that there other clubs in a financial mess but they are a lot higher up the ladder and more attractive as an investment.
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 340
Quagmire
July 24, 2014, 8:23pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +931
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from Getyourfactsright

WHATS THIS SUPPOSED TO MEAN!!!!! HES A GOOD EGG THEN ALWAYS STOOD UP TO BE COUNTED, HAVE YOU??

GO ON YOU HAVE A GO THEN LETS SEE WHAT YOU CAN DO!!!! I SUPPOSE WITH YOU IN CHARGE LIAM WOULD HAVE STAYED FIT AND DURING THE LAST TWO YEARS WE WOULD HAVE BEEN PROMOTED. NOTHING TO DO WITH OUTSIDE INFLUENCES AT ALL!!!!  

Good evening John  

Are we any closer to signing these players that will make my neck hairs stand on end?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 340
lew chaterleys lover
July 24, 2014, 8:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,723
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Ta LCL, if you didn't know Sonik is related to Mr Fenty so his reaction to criticism is understandable.

Let's just remember where we were before Mr Fenty took the majority shareholding and appointed Mr Furneaux as chairman. Around 70 places than we are now?

Yes I understand Sonik is Mr. Fentys brother?

I always take the bait I am afraid - I just can't help myself! His posts merrily gloss over the obvious mismanagement of the club on the altar of his brothers financial input - quietly ignoring those 70 league placings.

The thing is we will never really know what any alternative would be like. He wont walk away and lose his money (who would?) but nobody with money will bail him out of the mess he has created.

Its all a bit depressing really but despite Fenty I will be shouting my head off in the Pontoon as usual hoping against hope that it falls into place on the field.
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 340
FishOutOfWater
July 24, 2014, 8:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from 137

For those of us who are fortunate enough to remember the great Buckley sides, there's no doubt that by comparison the
football now being played at BP can properly be termed 'crap'.

BUT

The comparison isn't fair or sensible. We're now in a crap league playing mostly other crap sides - and pointing that out doesn't
help anything or anyone much. I've bought my season ticket expecting to see crap football (compared to Buckley XI's) but
hoping for a bit better than that. We don't have to play great football to get out of this league, just be consistently
slightly less crappy than the opposition. I don't see this as acceptance - just being realistic.

The less you wish for the more likely it is to happen!

Have to agree wholeheartedly with this...

Sad to say I've felt for a long time that when watching Town it's more a case of High Hopes than Great Expectations but one day, one day...everything comes to he who waits doesn't it?  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 85 - 340
TAGG
July 24, 2014, 9:08pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,959
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from 137

Your 'fooked up' brain is your own responsibility though.

I may have a 'fooked up brain' but at least I have one that can see what's been going on in the last decade or so.  
People (like yourself) who think Fentys dictatorship has brought anything but abject failure must have no brains at all.  

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 340
headingly_mariner
July 24, 2014, 9:19pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,380
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Getyourfactsright

WHATS THIS SUPPOSED TO MEAN!!!!! HES A GOOD EGG THEN ALWAYS STOOD UP TO BE COUNTED, HAVE YOU??

GO ON YOU HAVE A GO THEN LETS SEE WHAT YOU CAN DO!!!! I SUPPOSE WITH YOU IN CHARGE LIAM WOULD HAVE STAYED FIT AND DURING THE LAST TWO YEARS WE WOULD HAVE BEEN PROMOTED. NOTHING TO DO WITH OUTSIDE INFLUENCES AT ALL!!!!  

That should have been an official statement on the OS!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 340
Rob_in_Grimsby
July 24, 2014, 9:32pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from TAGG

I may have a 'fooked up brain' but at least I have one that can see what's been going on in the last decade or so.  
People (like yourself) who think Fentys dictatorship has brought anything but abject failure must have no brains at all.  

Tagg you and others like Old Codger just live in the past and revel in our misfortunes of the last decade.
What  happened has happened and bringing it up at every opportunity is not going to change that,
Why not try support the club we all follow and love and for once try start the season with some positivity rather than hoping we will fail so you can spout this excrement
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 340
acko338
July 24, 2014, 9:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,223
Gold Stars: 33
I do hope that this run of very heated debate isn't going to halt the Fishy again !!

Not even started the season yet !!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 340
35 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Time for JF to put his money where his mouth is!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.