Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Time for JF to put his money where his mouth is!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 302 Guests

Time for JF to put his money where his mouth is!

This thread currently has 61,271 views. Print
35 Pages Prev ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... Next All Recommend Thread
LH
July 27, 2014, 9:19am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,513
Gold Stars: 173
Am I the only one who thought it was Fenty before he outed himself?
Private Message
Reply: 220 - 340
gobby
July 27, 2014, 9:20am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +772
Gold Stars: 7
After all the shite that hit the fan last time do you really think that Admin are going to risk breaching confidentiality without first checking it out?
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 221 - 340
Biccys
July 27, 2014, 9:24am
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +55 / -22
Approval: +1,226
Gold Stars: 27
No confidentiality has been breached. If a poster decides to reveal their name first, confirming it isn't breaching anything. John decided that it would be a good idea to reveal his username and to prevent any more confusion, doubt, name calling, call it what you like, it was confirmed after the revelation was made. It's like an admin repeating something already written on the forum. Nothing controversial about it. If the poster didn't want his identity revealed a: it wouldn't be and b: they wouldn't reveal it themselves in a blaze of undignified glory.

@biccysthefishy

£110,105

[url]https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/mariners-trust/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 222 - 340
Rodley Mariner
July 27, 2014, 9:27am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from LH
Am I the only one who thought it was Fenty before he outed himself?

It had occurred to me too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 223 - 340
chaos33
July 27, 2014, 9:30am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
And me too. Interesting username too.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 224 - 340
Getyourfactsright
July 27, 2014, 9:35am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +19 / -26
Approval: +196
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from grimsby pete
I am fence sitter on the Fenty question,

I often stand in his corner because I do not like posters calling him when he does not have a chance to reply.

One last thing,,, Please John just put your hand in your pocket one more time and get the goal scorer we need to get out of this league
a couple of fishes slipped through the net for one reason or another but were still on it

Thanks Pete I don't object to sensible debate criticism or fact being debated.

I certainly will not at every touch and turn respond to dislikes, misprints or press statement which may not be right, but when there are some that don't have a clue about a distant event and spout their opinion as fact, and it's distasteful not just to me but past directors you may well see me respond.

I love the fans to speculate and debate the club we love, but it's sad that we see the running down of players even before they have signed, managers and those at the the club alike.

Saw one poster that said, if a player didn't sign because they couldn't take criticism then we don't want them. Ge wiz it's hard enough to get them to the club / Grimsby however much we love it, it is not the place everyone wants to come to.

Oh and just for the record for others, I never tried to get the Fishy shut down, just asked for it to be moderated in accordance with reasonable rules. Rules which all sign up to. Rob decided to shut it down in an admission it wasn't moderated sufficiently. Anyone who I made contact with regarding a particular type of posting I naturally pursued with one intent!!! For them to behave. I actually encouraged the New Fishy to start.

I like to see the fans general debate and opinion occasionally, the danger is, so do players and not everyone can take what they read.

Onwards and let's hope upwards with sensible debate..UTM
Private Message
Reply: 225 - 340
Rodley Mariner
July 27, 2014, 9:38am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from chaos33
And me too. Interesting username too.

The name and the tone of the posts are pretty aggressive and confrontational. Hopefully the light's been seen and that's the end of his posting as it's difficult to see anything good coming from it.

EDIT - or maybe not.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 226 - 340
Rodley Mariner
July 27, 2014, 9:41am
Special Brew Drinker
I think this is probably one of the more moderate and sensible forums around.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 227 - 340
Caesar
July 27, 2014, 9:49am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
Well, hadn't been on the Fishy for a little bit and hadn't clicked on this page, seems I have missed out on a lot.  I have tried to scan read most of the posts and catch up what has been going on.  

Firstly if John Fenty is on this board reading fans opinions on a forum like this and defending his record with the club isn't that a good thing?  As I have said on another thread I have disagreed with decisions made but respect the fact that John Fenty always has the best interests of the club at heart.  I would rather have someone who cares about the club and is passionate about us than someone who is indifferent.  And if he is willing to educate on some internal matters of the club that I don't know about then so much the better.  

Secondly as regards to the admin breaking confidentiality I tend to agree that if someone wants to reveal who they are then it is fine for the admin to confirm or deny that.  I would happily reveal who I am but as I am unknown to everyone but my friends and family I don't really see the point.  

Finally am I ever desperate to see the season start again! For all our lack of a striker which I must admit is concerning me it is so depressing to check the Fishy and see another 15 threads on how the entire season has gone to pot because of a couple of friendlies.  We have every chance of having a great season and going up, we should at minimum be in contention, the season will bring with it many twists and turns, at the end of it I truly hope (and for some reason really strongly believe this year) we will be celebrating.  Over the course of the season there will be many issues we can discuss, should we have made more of an effort to sign back Rodman, or Jennings or ad infinitum.  Right now I cannot wait till 2 weeks today and we can discuss the Bristol Rovers game, one that is actually significant to judge things against.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 228 - 340
Mariner21
July 27, 2014, 9:50am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -232
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

The name and the tone of the posts are pretty aggressive and confrontational. Hopefully the light's been seen and that's the end of his posting as it's difficult to see anything good coming from it.

EDIT - or maybe not.

Indeed especially when you consider jf to be a journalists wet dream and a pr disaster waiting to happen it's not going to end well!!!

I like or should I say i don't like one of his previous posts where he says fans should put up or shut up!!!!!!  Well Mr fenty maybe I don't want to 'put up' with your disastrous reign!!!!  And I certainly won't 'shut up' so John why don't you run my club properly for once ay?  Maybe? We might actually take a step forwards?????  I look at what my club has become and it kills me to see what YOU have done.
Private Message
Reply: 229 - 340
35 Pages Prev ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Time for JF to put his money where his mouth is!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.