Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Time for a change now to save this season
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 133 Guests

Time for a change now to save this season

This thread currently has 19,996 views. Print
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
ackomariner
September 1, 2015, 10:47am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +20 / -8
Approval: +1,216
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from GrimRob
Hurst is months away from getting the sack after his consistent record since he's been here for which the recent attendances are testimony. I don't know why people can't support the team rather than waste their time speculating about something that is never going to happen.

If he were to go we'd be handing one of our best assets away to one of the other teams in the division and it would make it even harder to go up

Think you'll find the attendance's are dropping rob, and will drop even further after yesterday..... What's that telling you

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 169
grimps
September 1, 2015, 10:50am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,129
Gold Stars: 46
We have so called fan representation on the board now , how would we go about calling for a vote of no confidence in him ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 169
September 1, 2015, 11:25am
Guest User
Quoted from Neilo83

Why would it make it harder? We're not exactly a force at the minute are we when teams like Macclesfield are coming here and beating us.

Macclesfield always beat us. This is not new.
Reply: 102 - 169
LookBackInAngers
September 1, 2015, 3:39pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +93
We have had some poor results recently but we will be in contention soon.Many respected managers claim not to even look at league tables until ten or so games have been played so have a bit of patience.We backed the guy with extra funds a few weeks ago so support him and see what happens.FGR will not keep this pace up much longer.UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 169
MuddyWaters
September 1, 2015, 3:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,257
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from LookBackInAngers
We have had some poor results recently but we will be in contention soon.Many respected managers claim not to even look at league tables until ten or so games have been played so have a bit of patience.We backed the guy with extra funds a few weeks ago so support him and see what happens.FGR will not keep this pace up much longer.UTM

We've backed the guy (and his mate) for long enough now. And with what authority can you say FGR won't keep up the pace? We've just taken 2 points in 4 games against teams in 12th, 16th,17th and 19th place in the table - I bet FGR are quaking in their boots.
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 169
ginnywings
September 1, 2015, 3:55pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,145
Gold Stars: 548
Aspin has gained 3 promotions with Halifax, taking them from the Northern Premier League. Not advocating him as manager but just shows that there are managers out there that can do the biz, even with a shoestring budget. It's not that difficult a job to get us into the play-offs and any half decent manager would probably achieve it with our resources. What we need is someone who gets that bit extra out of a team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 169
oldun
September 1, 2015, 4:04pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +57 / -5
Approval: +3,475
I am in the NO tribe regarding dismissing Hurst. As for Aspin, I cannot see many of our squad being capable of playing the Aspin way or the fans being happy with it. I do however think that fans just want wins regardless of how that is achieved.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 169
September 1, 2015, 4:07pm
Guest User
Quoted from ginnywings
Aspin has gained 3 promotions with Halifax, taking them from the Northern Premier League. Not advocating him as manager but just shows that there are managers out there that can do the biz, even with a shoestring budget. It's not that difficult a job to get us into the play-offs and any half decent manager would probably achieve it with our resources. What we need is someone who gets that bit extra out of a team.

My issue is that I currently have less confidence in GTFC's recruitment procedures than I do Paul Hurst. If they make another in a long line of mostly dreadful appointments it'll be the final nail in the coffin. I'm not sure it's worth the risk at the moment. Ask me again in December.
Reply: 107 - 169
MuddyWaters
September 1, 2015, 4:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,257
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from 97

My issue is that I currently have less confidence in GTFC's recruitment procedures than I do Paul Hurst. If they make another in a long line of mostly dreadful appointments it'll be the final nail in the coffin. I'm not sure it's worth the risk at the moment. Ask me again in December.

By December will be too late. The way we start our games is too slow, the way we start our season is too slow, the way our manager reacts to situations is too slow, the process for building a stadium is too slow. Everything we do is reactive not proactive. You don't need to look too far down the road to see what can be done on a very similar, if not smaller fanbase.
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 169
HighamMariner
September 1, 2015, 4:48pm
More to life than sucking fentys meglomaniac behind
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: -64
The club will dither, the team will probably pick up a couple of wins and the board will see that as justification for the dithering.  The fishy elders will go into 'I told you so' mode as we somehow manage to claw our way back into contention.  We'll manage to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in the play-offs and start next season in the same division.  A summer of almosts followed by a couple of, on paper, decent signings and the whole merry-go-round starts again.  Repeat each season until PH gets offered a job at Rovrum.

Seriously, JF and the board, like many on here I'm in my early 50's.  Before I shake a seven I'd love to see us promoted back into the football league, that isn't going to happen while PH remains manager.

Be back when fenty felicitations off
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 169
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Time for a change now to save this season

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.