Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Time for a change now to save this season
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 96 Guests

Time for a change now to save this season

This thread currently has 19,995 views. Print
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
August 31, 2015, 11:11pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,143
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Rik e B
Maybe of course ginny, we'll never know, but one penno kick is pretty darn close and we were the best team on the day. Hurst could easily have gone down in folklore but hey its all ifs, buts and maybes but that's football.

Whoever it is I tend to lean towards stability and trying to be positive but that's just me.

I respect your view and even yesterday i was saying that i'm not naive enough to think that we could get a better manager just like that but today he totally changed the side yet again and we failed yet again. I'm trying to be positive and i do think there is merit in stability but how long do we give him? Most mangers don't get nigh on 5 years at any club if they fail to do what they are employed for.  Sometimes in life, things just become stale from familiarity.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 169
Rik e B
August 31, 2015, 11:11pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Even Buckley backed Hurst today saying if he had of not changed the team they still couldn't have dominated the start of the game any more than they did, it wasn't the changes that caused the loss. Tondeur added it was those that stayed in that were more culpible and the 'new' guys did well. They had two chances, two goals. He did however say we could have used Disley as Robinson and Clay much of a muchness.

But hey I'm gonna sign off from The Fishy for a while I hate it when it gets like this. Hope no panic buttons pressed just yet.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 169
Rik e B
August 31, 2015, 11:32pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
I really don't know either, I see where you're coming from, other side of the coin I guess. Certain little feck ups grate me but also there's factors like I'm pretty sure we would have lost the likes of Arnold and Pearson had a new broom been put in charge last season. I love the way the players generally play with pride and passion for the shirt which has been so long lacking and I've seen us play some great stuff already this Season. We have looked a cut above and capable of steamrolling teams at teams but it's a results business and we've gotta seal the deal.

Only time can tell if whichever direction we take proves to be the wise one, or not. Nobody knows.

I just think bear with it. It's worse because FGR and the likes are absolutely flying, I was kinda hoping no one else would be up to the task but it never quite goes as you hope, all the other challengers are just as hungry.

Winning a title is always difficult, I'm pretty sure we'll be up there again though. Operation Promotion has brought and added expectation and the wise among us all knew there would be a storm to ride at some point, just it's come a bit soon.

My head hurts, signing off for a while to let dust settle...

Peace Fishy people and I hope to can have a reasoned debate without too much mud slinging, I just can't bear to read the tripe from the almost trolling doom bringers who clearly don't even bother going.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 169
arryarryarry
August 31, 2015, 11:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Rik e B
I really don't know either, I see where you're coming from, other side of the coin I guess. Certain little feck ups grate me but also there's factors like I'm pretty sure we would have lost the likes of Arnold and Pearson had a new broom been put in charge last season. I love the way the players generally play with pride and passion for the shirt which has been so long lacking and I've seen us play some great stuff already this Season. We have looked a cut above and capable of steamrolling teams at teams but it's a results business and we've gotta seal the deal.

Only time can tell if whichever direction we take proves to be the wise one, or not. Nobody knows.

I just think bear with it. It's worse because FGR and the likes are absolutely flying, I was kinda hoping no one else would be up to the task but it never quite goes as you hope, all the other challengers are just as hungry.

Winning a title is always difficult, I'm pretty sure we'll be up there again though. Operation Promotion has brought and added expectation and the wise among us all knew there would be a storm to ride at some point, just it's come a bit soon.

My head hurts, signing off for a while to let dust settle...

Peace Fishy people and I hope to can have a reasoned debate without too much mud slinging, I just can't bear to read the tripe from the almost trolling doom bringers who clearly don't even bother going.

The problem is, that is the same old blah blah blah we've been hearing for the past 5 seasons.

Private Message
Reply: 73 - 169
RonMariner
September 1, 2015, 12:06am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,719
Gold Stars: 226
The point is that many of us gave to Operation Promotion in order to try and avoid the lottery of the play offs which are riddled with crap refereeing decisions. The point was to get a squad that, unlike previous seasons, wouldn't fall miles behind the leaders and so not be title contenders.

Giving one team a 12 point head start, and several others big leads, means that we already have a mountain to climb. So far we appear to have a leaky defence, a weak midfield, an error prone keeper, ineffective wingers, and poor finishers up front. And all this against very poor opposition. 5 poor results out of 7 games. That is the reality.

I think we will be lucky to make the playoffs, and even if we do we may as well toss a coin to decide if we go up.

I am totally shocked by the situation.   
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 169
GrimRob
September 1, 2015, 12:15am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,413
Gold Stars: 113
Every major bookmaker has us as second favourites to get promoted still. Do we really need to save the season?

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 75 - 169
Abdul19
September 1, 2015, 12:43am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,567
Gold Stars: 216
I think we'll still make the playoffs. I think we've got too many decent players for the side not to 'click' at some point and go on a decent run.

But a run decent enough to bridge the gap to the ONE automatic spot? I doubt it.

Would a new manager be able to bridge that gap? Dunno (obviously!)

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 169
Mrs Doyle
September 1, 2015, 4:09am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
To many fannies on here panicking, yeah we all paid into operation Promotion (VOLUNTARY)  that DOES NOT mean we have a god given right to romp this league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 169
grimps
September 1, 2015, 4:36am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,129
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
To many fannies on here panicking, yeah we all paid into operation Promotion (VOLUNTARY)  that DOES NOT mean we have a god given right to romp this league.

No but it dosnt mean we should be out of the title race after 6 games
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 169
GollyGTFC
September 1, 2015, 6:01am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,962
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from Rik e B
Hurst in. If certain people had of had their way during our lowest point last season I'm pretty sure we wouldn't have been one penalty kick away from the Football League.

He got brought in to return us to the Football League. He hasn't done it. I don't see why he earns bonus points for falling short by a slightly narrower margin each season. He's had 4 and a half years to get us over the line and the start of this season suggests it will be more of the same. There comes a point where you have to draw the line and say no more. Time for a change.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 79 - 169
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Time for a change now to save this season

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.