Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Time for a change now to save this season
Users Browsing Forum
Baidu Spider and 336 Guests

Time for a change now to save this season

This thread currently has 19,988 views. Print
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
August 31, 2015, 5:22pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,689
Gold Stars: 72
OH toss off people on your high horse, we have this every season, eventually you have to admit the people calling for his sacking are in the right, how many failed seasons will it take? It doesn't change, we know what he offers, we consistantly have a top 3 quality squad, he sends them out to get results, they just barely get enough results to acheive an acceptable finish, we go forwards and backwards and backwards and forwards. We often still havn't found our true selves come march and april. We've stopped the oversacking of managers, we've built a good squad, now lets give a different manager a go, theres probably a few out there that would look at this job as an easy route to a bit of glory.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 169
ginnywings
August 31, 2015, 5:27pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,124
Gold Stars: 548
I still think we will make the play offs. There are not 5 better sides than us in this league but FFS, can we at least mount a season long challenge for once? It's not too much to ask given our resources is it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 169
Neilo83
August 31, 2015, 5:27pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +17 / -6
Approval: +263
Gold Stars: 4
Yep i agree with this, ive never jumped on the "anti Hurst" brigade before but he can go now for me
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 169
grimps
August 31, 2015, 5:28pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,121
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from ginnywings
I still think we will make the play offs. There are not 5 better sides than us in this league but FFS, can we at least mount a season long challenge for once? It's not too much to ask given our resources is it?

Yeah and what we need for that is someone that's lost  3 times already in the play offs managing us .
Sack now !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 169
Caesar
August 31, 2015, 5:30pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
Firstly sacking managers after a few bad games is what got us down here in the first place.  Fair enough Hurst has had a few seasons now but after a busy summer this is a little too soon to be calling for heads!

Secondly Can i ask did all the people calling for Hurst's head donate to operation promotion? If so why? To me it seems insane as fans to say he gave us our club back and pump as much money as we did into the club and then to go "well that sucks, we were wrong!" before August is out.  Or did you feel as you were giving money for a different reason? Genuinely interested in what people think about that.  

I gave a fair whack of my spare money to operation promotion because I was proud to be a Mariner again in a way I hadn't been for years.  Part of that is down to Hurst, part the players and part the fans.  At the moment parts of that trinity are letting me down (its not the fans btw).  That doesn't mean I am ready to stop believing in them.  

Anyone on here who tries to paint a rosy picture of it being fine as it is only August etc is as deluded as I am when I keep buying Euromillions tickets and imagine how that will turn GTFC into European Superpowers.  

Equally anyone on here saying that Hurst has done nothing for the club needs to get themselves checked out too.  Yes there is clearly something wrong at the club if we keep dominating games and fail to win.  But that is definately better than failing to dominate games and losing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 169
Grim74
August 31, 2015, 5:30pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
http://m.grimsbytelegraph.co.u.....36-detail/story.html

This is the kind of excrement he comes out with to rally the troops lol pathetic time to go heard and seen enough

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 169
Neilo83
August 31, 2015, 5:32pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +17 / -6
Approval: +263
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from Caesar
Firstly sacking managers after a few bad games is what got us down here in the first place.  Fair enough Hurst has had a few seasons now but after a busy summer this is a little too soon to be calling for heads!

Secondly Can i ask did all the people calling for Hurst's head donate to operation promotion? If so why? To me it seems insane as fans to say he gave us our club back and pump as much money as we did into the club and then to go "well that sucks, we were wrong!" before August is out.  Or did you feel as you were giving money for a different reason? Genuinely interested in what people think about that.  

I gave a fair whack of my spare money to operation promotion because I was proud to be a Mariner again in a way I hadn't been for years.  Part of that is down to Hurst, part the players and part the fans.  At the moment parts of that trinity are letting me down (its not the fans btw).  That doesn't mean I am ready to stop believing in them.  

Anyone on here who tries to paint a rosy picture of it being fine as it is only August etc is as deluded as I am when I keep buying Euromillions tickets and imagine how that will turn GTFC into European Superpowers.  

Equally anyone on here saying that Hurst has done nothing for the club needs to get themselves checked out too.  Yes there is clearly something wrong at the club if we keep dominating games and fail to win.  But that is definately better than failing to dominate games and losing.

Bore off with the positivity, its cringey, this man can take us no further
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 169
denni266
August 31, 2015, 5:32pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +698
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from ginnywings

i will have some of what you are sniffing please
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 169
Caesar
August 31, 2015, 5:35pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +1,799
Quoted from Neilo83

Bore off with the positivity, its cringey, this man can take us no further

What positvity? I am fed up and bloody depressed right now! I think those being all positive are deluded as I just said!  I just argued it does not mean we make a knee jerk reaction after trusting Hurst so much over the summer ffs
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 169
grimps
August 31, 2015, 5:35pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,121
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from Caesar

He'd be getting sacked for continuing to make the same mistakes after four years of trying !
He's had time now I hope he does us all a favour and walks away
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 169
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Time for a change now to save this season

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.