Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Time for a change now to save this season
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 147 Guests

Time for a change now to save this season

This thread currently has 19,990 views. Print
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Lordgibil
August 31, 2015, 6:50pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +31
Tired?  Were we not playing 2 or 3 games a week through July pretty much sticking to the same eleven and now the season has started the players are tired and the best players sit on the bench. Who should take responsibility for that?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 169
barralad
August 31, 2015, 7:56pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Is that another qualification for the right to comment?

Quite witty but you could have highlighted the next bit which goes on to qualify his statement/question  

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 169
GollyGTFC
August 31, 2015, 8:29pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,963
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from grimsby pete
We can not sack him until he has had a chance to put things right,

If after 12 games we are sill down here then that's the time to think about it.

He's had 4 and a half years to do the job he was brought in to do- get us back in the Football League. How much time do you want to give him? He's failed. And there is nothing to suggest from the first 7 games that this season will be any different. Nice guy. Done his best. Not good enough though. Time for a change.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 52 - 169
Tommy
August 31, 2015, 8:35pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Our start to the season hasn't changed my opinion that we have the best squad of players we've had since we've been down here. And that's down to Hurst. But is Hurst capable of getting that potential out the squad and turning it into the level of consistency and number of points required?

I'd thought from September/October last season that he wouldn't be capable managing a Championship winning side. The run we had to the end of the season earned him the right to have another go I thought, but we're making the same mistakes and he's showing the same short-comings as in previous years.

It's already looking like another season of inconsistency and getting in the play-offs. Should we change the manager? Who else is there? Would you be confident in Fenty picking a new manager?

I wouldn't be against letting someone else have a go now but I wouldn't be 100% confident we'd get the right man in to replace PH.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 169
August 31, 2015, 8:36pm
Guest User

I don't trust the (non) Chairman to appoint anyone better.
Reply: 54 - 169
promotion plaice
August 31, 2015, 8:38pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,062
Gold Stars: 197
It's a board decision.......

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 169
Perkins
August 31, 2015, 8:38pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from 97

I don't trust the (non) Chairman to appoint anyone better.

No, I think it's a fair bet that if Hurst ever did get the sack he would appoint Doig.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 169
ginnywings
August 31, 2015, 8:50pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,132
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from GollyGTFC

He's had 4 and a half years to do the job he was brought in to do- get us back in the Football League. How much time do you want to give him? He's failed. And there is nothing to suggest from the first 7 games that this season will be any different. Nice guy. Done his best. Not good enough though. Time for a change.

In a nutshell. I said yesterday that i'm not a Hurst fan but wasn't asking for him to be replaced. Today just put the tin hat on it and i think it's time for a new direction. I'm willing to bet that if you go back and look at the promoted teams from this league for say the last 5 seasons, that none of those managers took 4.5 years to get there.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 169
dapperz fun pub
August 31, 2015, 8:58pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,935
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from ginnywings

In a nutshell. I said yesterday that i'm not a Hurst fan but wasn't asking for him to be replaced. Today just put the tin hat on it and i think it's time for a new direction. I'm willing to bet that if you go back and look at the promoted teams from this league for say the last 5 seasons, that none of those managers took 4.5 years to get there.

Luton had 2\3 play off failures and I'm pretty sure the managers involved got the boot early the following season due to poor starts. They rolled the dice until they got it right and so should we
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 169
grimps
August 31, 2015, 9:07pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,129
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Luton had 2\3 play off failures and I'm pretty sure the managers involved got the boot early the following season due to poor starts. They rolled the dice until they got it right and so should we

I was thinking the same about Luton earlier !
Their fans didn't seem to have the low expectations of some of ours , they knew they was a league club and wouldn't accept anyone managing them who they didn't think had what it took to get them out of this league .
We seem to have plenty on here and maybe dare I say in the board room and fan forums ect that think getting into the play offs every year is some sort of success.
We are as big a club as Luton with probably as rich a history yet we have let this manager waste 4 and a half years of our lives putting up with this dross .
The time has come for change , yeah we might go Sneak a win next week in the way Hurst often has when the axe has been looming but it will still not change the fact that we are out of the title race in August
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 169
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Time for a change now to save this season

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.