Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Time for a change now to save this season
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 154 Guests

Time for a change now to save this season

This thread currently has 19,997 views. Print
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
arryarryarry
September 1, 2015, 9:14am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,036
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from BraStrap
If forest green win every game there's nothing else anyone can do. Its just a question of a top 5 finish.

We have switched to a more attacking style this season because people were moaning we were too defensive. They are still moaning. Hurst should go back to what he was doing originally.

You mean failing to get us promoted?

Private Message
Reply: 90 - 169
ROKERITE
September 1, 2015, 9:19am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +425
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Maringer

I would not want us to play Aspin's style of 'football' as seen at Halifax i.e. kicking chunks out of the opposition, diving and generally cheating. Oh, you may have noticed that Halifax are currently sitting in the relegation spots as well.

I don't think we have any god-given right to be at the top of the table (especially when there are a few teams with bigger budgets than ours), but we should certainly be a lot closer to the top than we are now. But for individual errors, I'd have thought we should have another 4 or 5 points on the board at the very least.

A lot of people point out that Luton kept changing managers until they got it right, but it shouldn't be forgotten that they had a lot more money to spend than us as well. They could effectively afford to keep chopping and changing until they got it right. I don't think we can.

Ultimately, I think changing manager at this point in the season would be pretty ridiculous. If you're going to let a manager sign a number of players over the course of the summer, getting rid after a slow start to the season is just daft. If we haven't clicked and seen a good improvement in form by the end of the month, then maybe you need to think about a change, but after 3 weeks of the season? No.

I agree with 1mickylyons. Yes, Aspin has a reputation for "industrial" football but he's done a remarkable job with Halifax even though his resources have been limited and they remain part-time. They're struggling right now but that's just a snapshot, not the bigger picture.. If Hurst goes then I can't think of a better realistic replacement than Aspin.
However, I also agree that it's too soon to sack a man who took Grimsby close last season and has been allowed to oversee a major squad overhaul this Summer; but if there isn't a turnaround very soon then a change should be made. The pattern so far is all too familiar.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 169
arryarryarry
September 1, 2015, 9:20am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Rik e B
I see the cretins have crawled out from under their rocks, people who rarely attend and perversely seem to long for a poor run of results in order to force change. To those who go regularly this isn't pointed at you and your opinion whatever it may be is ten times more valid.

I missed today because of work and Altrincham so perhaps minutely skewiffed view but I'm happy to stick rather than twist based on the rest of the matches played that I have witnessed.

So you later post about moaners who according to you didn't even go to the game :-

Peace Fishy people and I hope to can have a reasoned debate without too much mud slinging, I just can't bear to read the tripe from the almost trolling doom bringers who clearly don't even bother going

And now it turns out you didn't even go to the game, or Altrincham or how many others, so who is the cretin now?
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 169
September 1, 2015, 9:38am
Guest User
Quoted from ROKERITE

If Hurst goes then I can't think of a better realistic replacement than Aspin.

And there we have it. This is the reality folks. That being the case, and given our past record regarding appointments, my gut feeling is that we have to stick with Hurst.
Reply: 93 - 169
September 1, 2015, 10:06am
Guest User
Heh at the red crosses. Do you really trust our current leadership to appoint anyone better?
Reply: 94 - 169
headingly_mariner
September 1, 2015, 10:07am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,379
Gold Stars: 119
Way too soon for me, not happy with yesterday but wouldn't consider a sacking yet.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 169
GrimRob
September 1, 2015, 10:13am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,420
Gold Stars: 113
Hurst is months away from getting the sack after his consistent record since he's been here for which the recent attendances are testimony. I don't know why people can't support the team rather than waste their time speculating about something that is never going to happen.

If he were to go we'd be handing one of our best assets away to one of the other teams in the division and it would make it even harder to go up

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 96 - 169
Neilo83
September 1, 2015, 10:23am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +17 / -6
Approval: +263
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from GrimRob
Hurst is months away from getting the sack after his consistent record since he's been here for which the recent attendances are testimony. I don't know why people can't support the team rather than waste their time speculating about something that is never going to happen.

If he were to go we'd be handing one of our best assets away to one of the other teams in the division and it would make it even harder to go up

Why would it make it harder? We're not exactly a force at the minute are we when teams like Macclesfield are coming here and beating us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 169
cannylad68
September 1, 2015, 10:28am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +33
Gold Stars: 8
For everyone's views whether PH should go or stay, only one counts, that is the board's, ( or should I say JF).
I have stated quite a few times on this board, that I am firmly of the opinion that JF likes to be a 'big fish in a small pond'.
Excuse the pun.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 169
arryarryarry
September 1, 2015, 10:38am
Barley Wine Drinker
The only thing that Hurst has proved so far is that he cannot get us promoted.

I have always said he wouldn't do it although this season I changed my mind with the squad he has assembled, however seeing every game so far this season I have gone back to my original thinking.

My question is, just how many seasons do we give him?
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 169
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Time for a change now to save this season

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.