Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Time for JF to put his money where his mouth is!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 120 Guests

Time for JF to put his money where his mouth is!

This thread currently has 61,291 views. Print
35 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
RoboCod
July 23, 2014, 11:39am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Not JF biggest fan but I think the panic and hysteria from some is laughable, still 2 weeks till the season starts and haven't played our strongest team once yet. No one can be sure how we will fair this season but I'm fairly confident of top 5 again and I reckon we need to give them at least 10 games before we panic.

Have a sir.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 340
Southwark Mariner
July 23, 2014, 11:48am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,550
Gold Stars: 83
Quoted from oldun
My understanding is that this year's budget is down a little on last year's. JF indicated that this would be the case at a fans forum, but still competitive for our league.

the difference is we no longer have Hearn's salary (which I would have thought was one of the highest) so can use that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 340
acko338
July 23, 2014, 12:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,224
Gold Stars: 33
If we start losing matches in the league from the off, then people have every right to moan.

This is a time of assessment and trials of systems, players, fitness levels and avoidance of early injuries pre-season.

If you want the falsehood of 12 - 1 wins against lower opposition, and then getting surprised by teams like Braintree on their home grounds on a wet Tuesday evening, then let's not prepare at all, and just expect that we have the ultimate right to go up as champions !!

On paper at least, the team signings look to have yet again strengthened from the last squad, adding more raw pace.

Still looking for a couple of vital additions (within whatever budget has been set) and then looking at making team performances count once the season starts.

Doncaster work for me as opponents, as the game will get rid of any star egos, having faced better quality ruthless opposition.

A better "out of the blocks" performance against Mansfield could give a better indication of how we are doing, especially for the defense against Liam.

Those who are not up to full fitness need to have full run outs, to keep them heading towards league fitness levels, but we don't want any injuries to those who are replacing banned players in the early games. Whoever is going to be the starting pair of centre halves need to have playing time together so they know their own areas of responsibility at the back, with McKeown knowing what to expect of them.

Results?? - I don't give a damn until the first league game !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 340
Garth
July 23, 2014, 1:40pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from arryarryarry

Not sure how anyone can say this until we have played a number of league games, on the showings so far I would have to say I don't see any real improvement and I have seen every game but I really want to see how well we do in the league.

Really? have you any figures to back that statement up?

Oh! I`d think he would know

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 340
arryarryarry
July 23, 2014, 2:58pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,042
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from 137

Ain't that part of his job?

Guiding this club back into the Football League should be his main priority but as we are now entering our 5th season that ain't going to plan.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 340
Maringer
July 23, 2014, 3:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,553
Gold Stars: 185
The fact he was apparently trying to engineer a move away at the start of last season also makes me wonder how much of his indifferent performance around that time was down to injury and how much was down to lack of interest. I'll not boo, but I don't think I'll applaud either.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 340
Marinerz93
July 23, 2014, 4:10pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
I think the signings so far have been quite shrewd and PH has kept his cards close to his chest.  I think the lack of movement in acquiring strikers is more down to frustration more than anything, we desperately want to get out of this league.  We are not privy to the dealings of agents who can cause no end of problems, even just before signing.  I am trying desperately to be patient, I just wish we would sign those last pieces of the jigsaw.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 340
MuddyWaters
July 23, 2014, 4:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,257
Gold Stars: 236
There's an argument to say that JF has already put his money where his mouth is, unfortunately he's put it on the wrong horse - more than once. Clearly, the club is in debt to the point where no-one new will take on that debt so we are left in a position where JF continues to subsidise the club (adding to that debt).

I am all in favour of us running a tighter budget for this reason. We need to be able to afford what we do rather than continue to put the finances of the club under greater pressure because, at some point, Mr Fenty's benevolence may run dry.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 340
chicaneuk
July 23, 2014, 4:45pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,486
Gold Stars: 5
I'm still on the side of the fence that is thankful for the input (and money) of John Fenty - it seems he's been bankrolling the club through successive managers.. I can't imagine we'd be in a better place without him to be honest.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 340
Mariner21
July 23, 2014, 5:12pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -232
Put his money where his mouth is????

I presume you mean loan us the money then put it where his mouth is.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 340
35 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Time for JF to put his money where his mouth is!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.